Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rejoice the Truth

This morning while getting ready for work, I was listening to a mix CD I made a month or so ago. It's a mix that I really enjoy for personal connections and symbolism to every song in an almost storybook fashion. When the mix got to the "Born This Way" track by Lady Gaga (in case you didn't know...-under a rock, eh?) right after the "Judas" track by the same wonderful woman, I got to thinking. I have a few friends who are very religious Christians. Now-let me start by saying I will NEVER be dumb enough to group a bunch of people together and slap a label and a prejudice to them. I hate labels. I hate prejudgments. In fact I may even just hate judgments...but that's another topic. Any who-these friends of mine are very firm in their faith and beliefs, which I find to be an admirable trait. However, they believe that Gaga is "satanic" and that her promotion of "gays" is against her "alleged faith." First off; nowhere have I seen any forcing of; homosexuality, bisexuality or even heterosexuality from her. She simply says, "be you." Whatever, or whoever "you" is. (LOL that sounded ghetto.) The only thing I've seen is her promotion of love and acceptance for all races, sexualities, disabilities, and conditions. I find that to be more Godly than any church I've been to.

Another thing-I don't understand how some church's have such a beef with anything but heterosexuality. Even if the bible says that "it's a sin"-doesn't it also say that judgment is to be left for God's doing? And that we are all sinners?-and that no one is to pass judgment on another? This of course only applies to those who would be so cruel as to deny anyone's right to love. Love can come in many forms and amounts. It is against my eternal belief to prejudge love. I believe in a love that transcends physical boundaries.

[Love is love-and love is right],
Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment